- Studies haiku under Seishi YAMAGUCHI.
- Studies haiku under Fujio AKIMOTO.
- Forms his own group,the Kari Haiku Society, and begins publishing its magazine, Kari.
- Becomes Vice-President & Chief Director of the Association of Haiku Poets.
- Becomes President of the Association of Haiku Poets.
- Receives the Mainichi Arts Prize for Jyusan Sei (the thirteenth collected haiku) and Yokutou Shyu (the collected haiku composed in foreign countries), etc.
- Receives the Dakotsu Prize and The Museum of Contemporary Japanese Poetry Prise for Jyugo Ho (the fifteenth collected haiku).